The Genesis Off road dual battery kit for the 2016+ Toyota Tacoma is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system on the market.
The Genesis dual battery kit for the 2016+ Toyota Tacoma utilizes a new, stronger battery tray and is now easier to install! Matching Group 34 Batteries are required for this installation to fit properly.
- Completely pre-wired out of the box
- Fits 2016-present Toyota Tacoma
- Uses the factory battery cables - no cutting required
- Heavy duty battery tray spreads the weight of the batteries over a larger area
- Boost switch included - jump start your vehicle off your second battery
- Power and Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions
- Interface port pre-wired for the G Screen monitoring system
- Best quality wires, tin-plated copper connectors, and sealed heat shrink tubing
- Powdercoated for durability
- Proudly made in the USA
- Sold As A Kit
The top cover plate has several innovative features in a simple package. All of the wiring has already been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The wires are routed directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guess work involved to make the connections. Use the extra grommets for routing your own accessory wires cleanly and neatly to the power and ground bus bars. High quality battery terminal connectors are crimped to the flexible 2 gauge wire connecting the batteries together.
The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
Here's how it works:
When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time
When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down
When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last
After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will allow the charging of your accessory battery
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? We have a solution for that!
Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump start your engine off your accessory battery
As long as the accessory battery has enough power, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switch back to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator
Also includes high amp power and ground bus bars. The bus bars are already pre-wired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly. Your winch or other high-amp cable lugs go onto the large center post on the bus bars, and all your other accessories go directly to the smaller screw terminals on the bus bars.
- Any Group 34 battery will fit our tray
- NOTE: Batteries ordered through Genesis Offroad will ship separately from the kit.
- Odyssey 34-PC1500T is for those who need the most capacity possible! 850 CCA, 68 aH, and 135 minute reserve time
- Full River FT825-34 boasts 825CCA, 65aH capacity, and 135 minute reserve time
- The original factory battery will not fit due to its larger size
- Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place
200 amp continuous duty - capable of handling multiple high amp draw accessories such as big stereo systems or lots of electrical components
Will handle spikes of up to 750 amps for short durations such as winching
IP65 rating - water and dust proof for under hood environments