The Genesis dual battery system is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system for the Jeep JK Wrangler.
The top cover plate has several innovative features in a simple package. All of the wiring has already been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The welded gussets on top have holes with grommets to route the wires directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guess work involved to make the connections. Use the extra grommets for routing your own accessory wires cleanly and neatly to the power and ground bus bars. High quality battery terminal connectors are crimped to the flexible 2 gauge wire connecting the batteries together. With all the wiring integrated into the top plate, servicing your batteries has never been easier. Simply pull the terminals off the battery posts, remove the 4 easily accessible bolts securing the lid, and all the wiring can be lifted up and out of the way to service your batteries when necessary.
The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
Here's how it works.
When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time.
When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down.
When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last.
After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain.
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? We have a solution for that.
Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump start your engine off your accessory battery.
As long as the combined voltage of the 2 batteries is at least 12.7 volts, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator.
Also includes high amp power AND ground bus bars. The bus bars are already pre-wired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly. Your winch or other high-amp accessories go onto the large center post on the bus bars, and all your other accessories go directly to the smaller screw terminals on the bus bars.
NOTE: 2007-2011 model years require a short extention cable for the evap solenoid. The extension is made with OEM connectors and wires to ensure a perfect watertight fit for easy installation. This piece is not required on 2012+ JKs. Be sure to specify your year model when ordering.
Any Group 34 battery will fit our tray
- Optima Red Top is a good engine starting battery, but not recommended or warranted for use in deep cycle applications. 800 CCA, 50 Ah capacity, 100 minute reserve time
- Optima Yellow Top is a good high power, dual purpose engine start and deep cycle battery. 750 CCA, 55 Ah capacity, 120 minute reserve time
- Odyssey 34-PC1500T is for those who need the most capacity possible! 850 CCA, 68 Ah, and 135 reserve time
- The original factory battery will not fit due to its larger size
Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place
Technically speaking, the isolator rating should match the alternator output rating. In real world application, the actual output of the alternator is much lower than the published rating, so the 85 amp isolator is plenty sufficient for most Jeep owners. Some Jeep owners like to do everything overkill just for peace of mind, so there's no downside to going with the upgraded version.
Standard 85 amp - suitable for most general purpose uses, including Jeeps with a winch, lights, CB, etc.
Upgraded 200 amp - highly recommended for Jeeps with multiple high amp draw accessories such as big stereo systems or lots of electrical components. Required if using an aftermarket high output alternator.
Completely pre-wired out of the box:
- Fits 3.8L, 3.6L, Hemi 5.7L & 6.4L, and European diesel engines
- Boost switch included - jump start your vehicle off your second battery
- Power & Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions
- NEW FEATURE! Interface port pre-wired for the G Screen monitoring system
- Integrated fuse box holder and evap solenoid holder
- Best quality wires, soldered and crimped connectors, sealed heat shrink tubing
- Powder coated for durability
- Lifetime Warranty on all components
- Proudly made in the USA
- Fits all Jeep JKs, 2007 - present
Note 07-11 models require an extension cable for relocating the evap solenoid
- 07-11 3.8L
- 12-15 3.6L
- European diesel engines (left hand drive only)
- Hemi engines - 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L
- LS engines including the new LS3
Power add-on compatibility
- RIPP Supercharger
- Prodigy Performance Turbo
- Magnuson Supercharger
- Sprintex Supercharger
- Rugged Ridge
- Not compatible with the River Raider cowl snorkel
Works with aftermarket air intake systems that use the factory air box space.