Designed to accommodate up to a 37” tire, the TeraFlex JK/JKU TeraFlex Alpha Heavy-Duty Hinged Spare Tire Carrier and Alpha Heavy-Duty Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit (not included: # 4838130, # 4838235, or # 4838188) will secure your spare tire over the most extreme trails and rugged terrain.
Our hinged spare tire carrier offers easy access to the rear cargo area in one smooth action. Using the factory tailgate hinge mounting points spreads the load of the spare tire over a larger area for maximum strength and durability.
Dedicated tooling and A356.2 T6 cast aluminum construction with a UV top coat, make our Alpha Heavy-Duty Hinged Spare Tire Carrier as light and as strong as possible, while its design, fit, and finish complement the JK Wrangler’s body shape. Internal gussets and bracing in the stock Wrangler body supports the Alpha tire carrier and oversized tire.
Heavy-Duty forged steel brackets and Heavy-Duty 5/8” hinge pins constructed from fold formed high-carbon hardened steel combined with the factory mounting locations ensure the strongest rattle-free tire carrier available. With the Heavy-Duty reinforcement carrier supporting the weight of the tailgate assembly and spare tire, the Alpha tire carrier removes all stress from the tailgate.
The Alpha tire carrier also provides additional mounting points for off-road accessories such as a recovery jack and fluid containers.
• JK Wrangler (2-door)
• JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
• MAX TIRE DIAMETER: 37”
• Alpha HD Hinged Spare Tire Carrier
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Innovative & unique patented design (USPTO: # D6982240)
• Maintains single one-handed entry to the rear cargo area
• Eliminates tailgate stress & rattles
• Threaded mounting holes for mounting accessories (fuel cans, recovery jack, etc.)
• No aftermarket bumper purchase required – works w/ OEM & most aftermarket bumpers
• Strong & lightweight A356.2 T6 cast aluminum
• Factory form fitting geometry & finish. CAD-designed tooling follows the precise compound curvature of the Jeep body, resulting in a carrier w/ an OEM appearance
• Simplicity & ease of installation – can be performed using common hand tools
• No drilling required
• 14,000-cycle severe duty slam testing
• 1,000-hour extreme salt spray testing
• OEM Quality UV resistant powder coat finish
• Requires wheels w/ 5.0” backspacing or less – or TeraFlex offset wheel adapters (# 1055005).
• Designed to work w/ Alpha HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kits (# 4838130, # 4838235, or # 4838188).