Looking for a strong spare tire carrier, but dont have a typicaly tailgate to hold your spare tire? Not to worry, the Hitchgate Solo packs a powerful punch. The hitchgate Solo boasts the same tow rating as your factory hitch, while still maintaining a the capacity to carry a 35-inch tire (on a mid-sized truck), the Solo is ready for whatever the adventure calls for. The Hitchgate Solo was designed to go lean and low on the next adventure while still being prepared. The Hitchgate Solo’s reduced weight of 54Lbs is perfect for those looking to carry a 35-inch (on a mid-size vehicle) or smaller spare tire, and Rotopax fuel cans.
Not only is the weight extremely low for such a beast of a product, but so is the overall height of the horizontal support arm which sits 4″ lower than a Hitchgate Classic or MAX. By relocating the truck mount at the *same level* as the vehicle’s receiver hitch, the Solo is designed to accommodate vehicles that have a tight clearance between the rear hatch/door and the receiver (Ex: Sprinter, Renegade, Tahoe, Grand Cherokee). The Hitchgate Solo is also a great candidate for Subaru owners, and any vehicle where weight can be an issue.
The Hitchgate Solo spare tire carrier universally fits on almost all vehicles with a Class III/2″ hitch receiver. This swing-away, spare tire carrier mounts to any 2-inch, Class III hitch receiver and is perfect for SUVs, Jeeps, vans and pickups. This tough tire carrier secures up to a 35-inch spare tire (on mid-sized vehicles) while maintaining ground clearance with minimal change in departure angles when driving off-road.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Fits up to a 35" tire
- Wobble free hitch mount
- Slides into any 2" (class III) receiver
- Rated at up to 7,500 lbs towing
- Max tongue weight 750 Lbs
- Optional Rotopax/Hi Lift mounts
- LED license plate mount
- The Hitchgate Solo line is tow-rated at 7,500 lbs (max trailer weight) and 750 lbs (tongue weight). *These limits may be more than your vehicle’s capacity. ALWAYS stay within the limits of your vehicles tow/tongue ratings)*
- Rated for 150lbs of total weight. If your tire and wheel reach that limit, you won’t be able to carry any fuel or tools…Please consider the Hitchgate Classic or Max for more capacity.
OPENING & CLOSING:
- Release a single latch pin to open up for full access to the vehicle’s cargo space.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
- Zero offset or shallow offset (high positive offset) wheels may require an additional wheel spacer.
When properly installed, the Solo will sit level with inside of the hitch…if your bumpers arc upward at the corners, the Solo may appear not to follow those body lines as it is mated up to the hitch rather than the bumper. This is not a warranty situation.
- Solo WILL interfere with factory back-up sensors and/or back-up camera. The camera will still have *some* visibility through your wheel and the ground below.
- 4.5″ of clearance is required from center of hitch pin hole rearward for it to be compliant with wedge-lock system. You may need to relocate spare tire from underneath or modify to gain the necessary clearance.
- SUBARU OWNERS: Due to the small hub diameter, some models will require a hole drilled into the wheel plate to allow for a 3rd Lug Bolt to be installed
- SUBARU CROSSTREK: If you’re planning on using a Torklift Eco Invisi Hitch, the Solo will *not* work with the stock exhaust system AND body trimming may be required to gain access to hitch pin holes.
- SPRINTER VANS WITH DUALLY REAR AXLES: You will need to purchase a wheel adapter plate. Call to order.
- VEHICLES WITH CLAMSHELL REAR DOORS(LAND CRUISERS, LEXUS LX SERIES, ETC): The Hitchgate Solo High-Clearance DOES NOT work with these vehicles. The lower tailgate portion will come in contact with the base of the Hitchgate due to the low distance between the hitch and tailgate. We recommend the Hitchgate Solo XL, but we highly recommend double checking your measurements before ordering, or feel free to give us a call and we are happy to help.