The TeraFlex JL / JT: HD Chromoly Tie Rod Kit withstands extreme conditions and abuse that typically causes factory steering components to bend and fail. Beefs up the steering on all JL and JT models, including stock and lifted vehicles.
The TeraFlex JL / JT: HD Chromoly Tie Rod Kit withstands extreme conditions and abuse that typically causes factory steering components to bend and fail on lifted JL Wrangler/Unlimited and JT Gladiator models. The vague and unpredictable OEM steering leaves much to be desired. Our HD Chromoly Tie Rod Kit beefs up the steering on all JL and JT models including stock and lifted vehicles. A must for anyone who takes their rig off road!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Installation does not require any cutting or removal of factory bracketry
- HD 42mm O.D. x 7mm wall 4140 heat treated chromoly steel
- More than 66% stronger and 75% stiffer than factory tie rod
- Adjustable length from 59" to 61"
- Same forged threaded ends as JK Wrangler/Unlimited
- Tie rod end joint incorporates same features found in TeraFlex ball joints, including 4140 chromoly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
- Features adjustable rod end preload tension to ensure long-term durability
The joint is pressed into the rod end forging and secured w/ a snap ring
- One tie rod end joint rotation is limited to 2 degrees of freedom to eliminate wobble and noise, while the other joint has full motion to allow for full turning
- Features greaseable joints coated w/ magnesium phosphate
- Tie rod is UV protected triple-stage powder coat for corrosion resistance
- Premium black e-dipped coating on tie rod end forgings provide superior durability and corrosion resistance
- Provides clearance for factory 17" wheels
- Compatible w/ all TeraFlex components including HD Forged Adjustable Front Track Bar, Delta Brake System, Falcon
- Steering Stabilizers, differential covers, and 3.5" O.D. axle housing tubes
- Relocates steering stabilizer above tie rod to help reduce damage to the stabilizer shaft or body