The Evasion roof top tent opens via a full pop-up mechanism to maximize living area inside the tent.
To maximize airflow there are entrances on both sides of the tent, and for extreme conditions, ventilation can also be assisted by the solar-powered ventilation system. Access to the tent is easily gained by using the folding ladder that comes standard with all James Baroud roof top tents and attaches to either side of the tent.
- Opens onto a spacious high-density mattress to ensure a good night’s rest.
- Recommended to sleep 2 adults comfortably.
- Panoramic windows allow incredible views from the tent and the fly screens only separate the outside world making the interior feels much larger.
- To protect privacy, the lower edge of the window rises slightly.
- The Evasion Rooftop is equipped with three entrances, these are all double-layered door with fly screens and Velcro strips for complete closure.
- Manufactured from high-quality polyester canvas the fabric is connected to the roof shells with a circumferential piping rail making the tent waterproof and the fabric easily replaced in the event of damage.
- The All Season Touring™ canvas from the Dutch specialist Ten-Cate is comparatively light, but still strong and durable. The microporous six-layer acrylic coating makes it waterproof, breathable and weatherproof. It is also dirt-repellent and easy to clean.
- All tents come with a telescopic aluminium ladder (maximum length of 2440mm) that is adjustable in length and can also be comfortably used barefoot.
- Length: 78.5"
- Width: 55.5"
- Height (closed): 13.5"
- Height (open) 41.5
- Length: 78"
- Width: 55"
- Height: 41"
We guarantee you won't find a higher-quality, better-performing fabric on any roof top tent. All James Baroud tents utilize a proprietary aluminized polyester with acrylic coating that is 100% waterproof, breathable, UV-resistant, and solar-reflective. All windows are covered with quality insect-proof netting.
One of the most important features of a roof top tent is the part you sleep on: the mattress. All James Baroud roof top tents feature a thick, moisture-resistant 3" high-density foam mattress. Mattresses have a heavy duty zippered cover for easy removal and cleaning.
All tents include a removable storage pocket for stowing keys, wallets, headlamps, clothing or anything else you need to quickly stash inside the tent. Hard shell tents include an additional large ceiling storage net.
Patented gas strut-assisted opening makes set up incredibly fast and easy - less than 30 seconds, and nearly as quick to collapse back down.
Hard shell tents are simple to install. Roof top tents feature reinforced mounting rails integrated into the lower shell/platform of the tent, and include installation brackets allowing easy direct mounting to most aftermarket roof rack systems.
Entry to the tent is easily gained by using the specially-designed telescoping aluminum ladder. This unique design automatically adjusts to the height of your vehicle and prevents bending while you're in the tent.
Durability & Extreme Weather Performance
James Baroud employs a former Dakkar Rally driver to conduct testing on each tent. All James Baroud tents have passed a grueling durability test, and you can sleep in confidence knowing that James Baroud tents are waterproof and tested in winds up to 60 mph. For added comfort in extreme temperatures, add a Comfort Mat under your mattress (see Accessories).
The outer shell of all James Baroud hard shell tents (available in 3 colors) utilizes fiberglass-fortified polyester. Aerodynamic ribs on the upper shell help decrease wind noise and increase fuel economy as well as provide additional structural strength and rigidity.
All hard shell tents feature a bright 15-LED rechargeable flashlight. Made of tough polycarbonate with an integrated belt clip, the light may be removed from the tent and carried around camp to illuminate your way wherever you go. Includes a charge indicator LED as well as a USB charging cord.
James Baroud hardshell tents feature a unique electric ventilation fan powered by a sealed solar panel on top of the tent shell. The ventilation fan is completely waterproof and can run on 24 hours on a single charge. Additional air vents with integrated dust filters on each side of the tent provide air circulation inside while the tent is closed.
Industry Leading Warranty
James Baroud roof top tents come with the most inclusive warranty in the market: 5 years for hardshell tents. Warranty covers manufacturer's defects and failure of the tent fabric, shell, and strut mechanism. James Baroud tents are designed to allow replacement of any part of the tent by your local authorized dealer- so just get in touch with us here at Rhino Adventure Gear should you encounter any issues with your roof top tent.