Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to their secure screw pin attachment. The FlatLink E does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink E by a 5/8 inch diameter 6Al4V Titanium double shear pin and internal snap ring. Installation takes only minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the FlatLink E with 4 barbed tips each. The FlatLink E stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles.
MADE IN THE USA
U.S. Utility Patent No. 9,388,025
- MADE IN THE USA
- Precision machined from 6000 series billet aluminum
- Compatible with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets
- When folded flat less than 1.75 inches of thickness
- Weight 26 ounces
- Max load rating : 16,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure : greater than 40,000 pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 3/8 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage.
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin.
- Fits common 3/4 shackles/D-Rings
- Eliminates hook rattle and fairlead damage