The Ultimate Dana 44™ axle is a direct bolt-in solution that delivers optimal strength, durability, and performance. Featuring a number of upgrades for added on-trail durability, plus added strength wherever you take your vehicle, the Ultimate Dana 44™ axle is built to meet the demands of serious off-road enthusiasts.
Ultimate Dana 44™ Front Axles: Built Tough for Off-Road.
From the Spicer® nickel chromoly steel axle shafts to the Spicer® performance differential cover to the SPL® 1350 axle shaft universal joints, the Ultimate Dana 44™ front axle is built to deliver for people who rely on their Jeep® Wrangler® JK. In addition, the axle is equipped with the following features and benefits.
- Thicker tubes
- 5/16" thick for improved strength, rigidity, and durability
- Redesigned and thicker brackets
- 1/4" steel to resist bending and endure the off-road environment
- Works with most lift kits
- Spicer® chromoly axle shafts for optimal strength and performance
- Enjoy ultimate protection and retention with Spicer Life Series® (SPL®) 1350 axle shaft u-joints with multi-lip seals and full-circle clips
- Performance differential cover and Spicer® performance gasket
- Providing enhanced sealing and protection from off-road hazards
- Selectable electronic locking differential
- Harness sold separately
- Genuine Spicer® gearing
- Precision design and manufacturing processes provide ultimate gear mating for optimal strength, life, and quiet performance
- Expanded aftermarket gear ratios: 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and 5.38
- Pinion angle optimized for lifting vehicles
- Increased gross axle weight rating (GAWR) allows for the added weight of suspension upgrades, bumpers, winches and larger tires (up through 37" tires)
- Improved caster angle for lifted Jeeps®
- Reduces "bump steer"
- Dana recommends using military tested and approved 75W-140 synthetic lube (not included)
- Provides premium performance and reliability in the toughest environments