Artec Industries UD60 Front APEX Truss
- Call For Availability
- 8.60 LBS
UD60 Front APEX Truss
MAKE YOUR FRONT AXLE MORE RIGID AND PREVENT TUBE SPIN
A NEW ERA HAS BEGUN WITH THE ARRIVAL OF THE APEX TRUSS! Artec Industries is proud to announce the next generation of PATENT PENDING axle trusses. This series of trusses not only builds on our experience as the world leader in axle truss design, it brings it to a whole new level of cost savings, strength, weight savings, simplicity of installation, precision fitment, and complete axle protection never before seen in the industry.
The key feature that sets the APEX truss apart is its unique peaked shape top which provides extra rigidity to the whole truss while allowing both a reduction in weight (vs using a thicker material top) and eliminating long weld seams. Previous versions with long weld seams can lead to extra weld warping of the axle, longer install times and can be inconsistent.
The APEX Truss also helps to prevent axle tubes from spinning in the differential which is a known issue on the UD60.
The new UD60 Front APEX Truss is the epitome of low cost, easy and quick to weld, simple, strong, and complete solutions for making your upgraded axle even stronger. You want easy insurance for your axle? The JK APEX Truss provides it.
- PATENT PENDING APEX truss peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- Truss is CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 3/16" mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution...only 7 lbs
- Truss is CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it's ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling*
- Designed used 3D models directly from Dana Corp and Jeep for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70% less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don't need to spend time welding them together
- Dimpled holes provide not only weight reduction but rigidity and strength
- Contours to the cast steel differential and can be welded with normal MIG welder and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- Prevents axle tube spinning in the differential...a known issue on the UD60
- Truss strengthens the weakest sections of the axle...around the control arm brackets, and where the tube enters the casting
- Low Profile Design doesn't go over differential and allows usage in vehicles with only slight lift***
NOTE: Dana Spicer offers different variations of this axle housings. Please refer to the following diagram for details on which version to choose. If you have one model of a vehicle but have swapped in axles from another model, choose the model that the axles were originally built for. The main difference is the trackbar bracket. Refer to the images to show the difference.
- TR6063 - Use on JK front UD60 axle
- TR6064 - Use on JL/JT front UD60 axle
*Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required.
** In rare and extreme cases, the truss may come into contact with oil pan. Prior to operating the vehicle, remove the coil springs, cycle the suspension including full compression of both sides simultaneously and add bumpstop extensions to prevent damage to oil pan.
***THIS KIT IS INTENDED FOR VEHICLES WITH AT LEAST MINOR LIFTS (2.0"+ RECOMMENDED)AND AT LEAST 1/2" BUMP STOP EXTENSIONS. CHECK CLEARANCES BEFORE INSTALLING. NOT TESTED IN NON-US JKs or RIGHT HAND DRIVE AXLES.**
NOTE: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills including welding to the cast center section. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.